Thursday, March 17, 2011

Reviewing Time, Mostly Well Spent

 It has been an eventful few weeks! As far as our happy simple life goes, at least. And the thing I've learned best? Basically just how much I love life and how much I love Riley. There are a good number of other things in there, but those are the most important ones. So, in light of these things I learned, I want to take a minute and brag about how wonderful my husband is.  The other day I had this huge urge to go and spend some time with kittens at a humane society. I'd been looking at places we could potentially move to and some of them had the option of having pets...and it sparked something in me. I decided I wold really like to have a cat. So I woke up bright and early the next morning and rolled Riley over and proclaimed I wanted to go to the humane society! He wasn't exactly thrilled. Riley doesn't really like pets. Well despite all this he got up and we tracked down the address and went on our merry way. An hour later on what should have been a 15 minute or so drive and endless searching we discovered the address we had found was non-existent. I was so angry I started crying for no real reason other than pent up irrational frustration. Well Riley noticed this and being the wonderful man he is decided to put aside his disdain for pets and drover up and down that street twice more to try and find it and then, when all else failed, he took me into town and found a PetSmart so I could go see some kittens. What a wonderful husband I have!

More news, we had the opportunity to go to the temple for the first time in a long time and it was lovely. I love the peace that comes when we're there. Every time it seems that when we walk through those doors every extra weight on our shoulders just dissipates and breathing comes easier and loving come more abundantly. We just love it! We really should do better about making it a weekly thing. It puts life into perspective, and somehow I sometimes forget it. But this was a wonderful reminder and we're determined to go more regularly.



On a slightly less holy note, we also got to take Riley's little cousin Garion to the Zoo with us this last weekend. Now THAT was quite the adventure. He's the most energetic, enthusiastic little flaming red-headed eight year old I've ever met in my life. Well, he's just the most energetic eight year old I've met. The fact that he's a red-head really doesn't hold much weight in it. I suppose it just makes him seem that much more like a fire cracker! I mean, I have never seen this kid walk, say anything slower that 10 mph and his attention span in about the length of a good knock-knock joke.This held true that day as well. We practically ran from cage to cage and only stopped to look at the Elephants and the Giraffes for any real length of time. We probably saw every square inch of that place, including the portion that is being remodeled, just for good measure.BUT it was a success in the end. As we were driving back home, feeling the average energy of two full days drained from our bodies I looked into the back seat, where there was silence, and there was Garion, half asleep in his seat! It was a miracle.

Speaking of miracles, it was a miracle I posted! It's been a while and this has been one of the last things on my mind. But hey, this is life. I guess it's safe to confess though, the reason it's been so far from my mind is in part due to the fact that I've been very irresponsible and letting a t.v. show consume a great deal of my time. This Netflix thing is all at once a great little tool and at the same time a nuisance to the rest of my days. Have any of you ever seen the show Bones? Man. It is good. Riley and I Started watching it together and when I had my days off I got a little carried away....There are 5 seasons available on Netflix, and I finished them all last weekend. Riley and I together are still in the beginning of season 4. I know! Two full seasons ahead. What have I done?! It's a good thing I finished though. Now I have time to be responsible again. Phew. Well that's all I have to say about that. Hope life is lovely. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment